What makes Physionique unique?
- We are a multi-disciplinary team of physiotherapists, a podiatrist, massage therapists and Pilates instructor offering a holistic approach to your therapy, fitness and health needs.
- The practice has a strong sports focus. Our clients are made up tri-athleles, footballers, rugby and hockey players, gymnasts and golfers to name a few.
- Physionique is the first physiotherapy clinic in Singapore to specialize in golf injury rehabilitation and golf performance enhancement.
- Besides English, we have staff that speak and understand Dutch, German, French, Hindi, Mandarin and Dialects.
- The clinic has extended opening hours from 8am to 7pm weekdays and 9am to 2pm Saturdays to accommodate patients who prefer to come before or after office hours.
- There has been a long tradition of Dutch physiotherapists working at Physionique. Orange, the Dutch colour is one of our corporate colours.
- The clinic facilities include a gym space and offer customized programs for athletes and non-athletes alike.
How long are the sessions?
A regular physiotherapy session lasts 30 minutes, though with exercises and modalities, you may be at the clinic for 45 minutes or longer. A long consultation is recommended if you have 2 or more different injuries and will last 1 hour. A podiatry consultation can last anywhere between 15 to 45 minutes, depending on the procedure. GOLFit sessions, massage therapy and Pilates & Fitball classes are 1 hour.
Do I need a doctor’s referral for physiotherapy?In Singapore, a doctor’s referral is not necessary unless your insurance plan or company requires a referral in order for you to be reimbursed for physiotherapy sessions. The physiotherapist can evaluate your condition, make a diagnosis and plan your treatment independently.
What should I bring or wear?Please bring along doctor’s referral slips, medical reports, X-Rays and MRIs. If your problem is in the low back or legs, please bring a pair of shorts. For biomechanical podiatry consultation, please bring shorts, regular work shoes and runners, and any orthotics you have been wearing.
What qualifications do physiotherapists have?
Physiotherapists at Physionique have at least a 4-year Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy. There is a 3-year diploma course of Physiotherapy in Singapore. Most countries offer either a 3-year or 4-year physiotherapy program.
What are the common conditions seen at Physionique?
Common conditions are neck and back pain, mostly caused by computer work, and sports injuries affecting the back, shoulders, knees, ankles and feet. We also help our patients to rehabilitate and recover after orthopaedic surgery for knee ligament reconstruction, shoulder ligament repair, tendon repairs, back surgery and bone fractures.